Thursday, September 3, 2015

weightlessness

Feeling the weight of so many things lately, but mostly sadness at seeing so many good people come and go from my life so quickly. It's been taking a toll on me, making me afraid to open my heart to new people lest they disappear. To love others is to become vulnerable and it can sometimes make you feel like you are not enough, that other people make you better and you are more complete with their presence. It is a difficult thing to grow as an individual -- in strength, in self-knowledge, in self-reliance -- and still keep other people close to you throughout that process. To still find the energy and strength to love just as fully in the face of that pain. Trying to find that balance every day, and some days are harder than others.

This week I've been spending a lot of time in the pool, swimming laps for hours until I feel physically exhausted, then floating on the surface staring up at the sky while hearing my breath under water. Swimming, floating, breathing and pretending to fly... The closest I can get these days to feeling weightless. In honor of that feeling, flying fish pose. #yogaeverydamnday #sadness #selfacceptance #depression #bedtimeyoga

No comments:

Post a Comment